Friday, October 10, 2008

Dear Anonymous

"regardless of how much this person irritated you it is extremely poor taste to post private emails like that online.
note to self: never email colin, you never know where it may end up."

The above was left by an anonymous poster. I did publish it under the post OUCH!

I have a few things to say.

Firstly, I did consider whether or not to write that post . Clealry I decided I would. I made sure the writer was not identified. It is still possible I made the wrong choice.

Having said that, the person who wrote the comment shows a lack of courage and integrity in choosing to snipe anonymously. It seems to me they can hardly expect others to heed their call to behave in the way they think is better when they themselves show such a lack of integrity.

I now err on the side of having decided to post it if for no other reason than it will make people think twice before they send off emails that are mean of spirit, as Anonymous points out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Colin,
It's your blog and you can do what the hell you like!
I saw a t-shirt once...the words on it said :-
" Don't you should me! "
On Saturday a guy had one which said:-
" And I still hate Thatcher"
I was tempted to ask him where he got it....but I try not to hate anyone anymore, mostly because it harms me.
John may decide to have a 'flu jab later on...the surgery should still have supplies after the main clinics...ours does-sounds like he is still in denial regarding his illness. My dad had it, it's a horrible thing. Maybe he just needs a little more time. You've done all you can to persuade him, it's his choice now.

Anonymous said...

Always e mail Colin if you feel like it . And be ready to accept that his point of view might not be yours .That is what human communication is about ! Colin was not rude or nasty , he just said what he thought . Are we still allowed to think ??? I sometimes wonder ...
Colin thanks for the blog , it is great !
Danièle in Paris

Anonymous said...

If someone writes to you, whether in handwritten notes or email, once it leaves their hands and arrives in yours, it belongs to you. If someone doesn't want something repeated, they shouldn't write it at all.

You may quote me any time you wish - whether or not you agree with me.