Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Blue Suede Shoes

No swimming today. Just couldn't drag myself out of bed this morning to do it. I did of course get up because the dogs don't give a toss how I feel, they need out.

Lorraine, my Dax dog friend is visiting later today.

I found some shoes / boots in bright red, turquoise, and violet and hopefully they will arrive today. I love bright coloured suede or leather shoes. Very hard to find. these are mainly Kickers. Most men's shoes are brown or black. Or black or brown. Some of the shoes I buy are women's but they are only women's because of the colour not the style and shape which is identical to men's. Seems shoemakers think masculine and feminine shoes should be clearly defined. oh brother. Or oh sister.

I am getting tired of my aran attempt. I spent the day yesterday knitting up a swatch that took forever. I used clean str8 lines, based on a one by one rib, all twisted and travelling. I thought it was a good idea. but it isn't what i have in mind after all. I think I am going to frog and go for a more traditional look. I do love aran but wanted to try out one that was all twisted travelling sts but it hasn't worked out to my liking. Now in socks, it works very well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wear boys' shoes all the time. My feet are small, so I can get away with it. I, too, wish they came in better colors. Girls' shoes don't fit as well because they make them a bit narrower.

What IS this macho thing, anyway? All throughout history, until about 100 years ago, men dressed in lovely colors and in "rich" clothes, if they could. Why does something have to be

a. plain
b. raunchy
c. ugly and boring

to be masculine?

As a friend of mine says, bollocks!