Sunday, October 03, 2010

BRUSHSTROKES

I knitted these from knitted fabric that I painted with a brush and then re-knitted. I wasn't sure what i thought at first but as they grew, I loved it. The yarn is not as I expected, it's better, and it has a natural 'speckled' effect due to the way the dye takes up onknitted fabric. Although I used the same dyes, I did NOT dye these to be a pair. I dyed them differently to see what would happen.

I knitted them on 2mm circs using my own Andersson Construction Method with the MACHII heel(revised) and a 1x1 gusset.





8 comments:

Denise said...

I love them! So pretty.

joannamauselina said...

The colors are wonderful- so vibrant! They would be my favorite pair of socks if I had knitted them.

janalee said...

*sigh*
Beautiful yarn!

Iris said...

I like slightly mismatched socks unless they're very defined stripes, then I go out of my mind trying to get them to match. These are lovely.

Butterfly Mage said...

Groovy socks. I have no talent for anything crafty. Your creations are always innovative and intriguing.

LizzieK8 said...

Super duper, Colin! Love them. Sock blanks are way too much fun to dye and knit!

patsijean said...

Colin,
You are amazing.

Anonymous said...

FOr cool!!! I love these socks. Where did you get the knitted fabric and what did you use for dye?

Good job!

-SK from yahoo sock group