Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Prague

August is such a long way away. April 28th is much closer. That is the day we leave for Prague! All booked up.

We drive from here to the Chunnel, drive onto the train and 30 mins later we will be in Calais.

We will start to drive to our destination early on the Saturday morning. The trip is 700 miles from Calais. We will arrive in Prague on Sunday 30th.

I have booked an apartment instead of an hotel. We did this when we went to Gothenberg, Sweden and it is much more convenient. It is basically a self contained one bedroomed flat. This means we have plenty of room. We can also make our own coffee and food. It means I can nap and we can go back and forth as we please too. Apartments are much cheaper and we also save because we will not have to eat out 3 times a day.

The guide books I have read and the net all say car crime is rife in Prague. I discussed this with the people concerned. The woman was honest and said that it is true. Then she asked me what car I have(an 04 reg Skoda Octavia Estate). She told me it would be safe as it wasn't good enough to steal! Meaning, they only want Mercs and BMW's and such like! Not interested in a family car. Phew!

I have been in touch with a young American knitter there who will tell me all about the local knitting shops.
Post a Comment