Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Finally Finished


I have completed my second Aran design at last. The yarn is Garn Studio's Alaska. I used 1950 metres(2132 yards). This was 26 x 50gm balls at 75m(82 yds) per ball. I used 5.5mm rosewood circular needles for the body and 3.75mm for the hems. The collar was knit entirely in the round. I like this yarn very much, and though it makes for a heavy sweater, it holds the texture well.

It cost approximately £50 ($90US) in yarn.I am pleased with it even tho it is much wider than I intended. I made an elementry mistake! I swatched and didn't wash the swatch. I should have. It all flattened out when I washed the sweater and thus was much wider than I wanted. As a result, the sleeves, modified drop, are too long. I have yet to decide if I shall keep it, though it is too big for me, or sell it. It took so long to do, I am loathe to sell it, though it seem silly to stick in a cupboard.
Below is an 80% Cashmere 20% nylon sweater I made for John to wear on the trip to Munich. He does not like collars to be near his neck. I had a difficult time making this becasue I don't like making stuff I don't like! However, he is pleased with the neck and as it turns out, so am I.
Post a Comment