Monday, March 20, 2006

Feels Like Heaven


I managed to get the colour right on this photo!

This is 70% Cashmere / 30% Silk. Feels so good you could make undergarments from it.

The gauge is 37sts and 50 rows to 10cms. 7 strands of 2/60's(thinner than sewing thread). I used a couple of strands of Oxford grey, 3 Black and a couple of French Navy knitted at 5 on the dial on the SR830, using single bed only.

It turned out exactly as I hoped it would. I love the style, it just drapes so well. Smart casual. Set in sleeves.

Finished by mattress stitch and machine washing and tumble drying. The washing / drying really brings out the full beauty of this yarn. I treat all cashmere and cashmere mixes the same. This yarn is fully machine washable, like all cashmere(at least all Ii have used, Mongolian), at 30c.

I used to be able to knit a sweater like this in a day, including finishing. This took me 4 days. Depends how I am doing. Today was crap. Spent most of it not being able to walk at all. The dogs thought my crawling around on all fours was a hoot! 1gm of paracetamol and 100gms of codiene later and I can now stand up. I HATE taking pain killers and I don't often, but today was just one of those days.

A poor picture but gives an idea of the hems I used for neck, sleeves and body.
Post a Comment