Sunday, December 04, 2005

Pups


These are 10 days old. Bottle reared. Mum has no milk. We have 1 boy and 1 girl that are dark sable and the two lighter ones are also 1 boy and 1 girl.
They are fed every two hours with a milk formula. Mum is looking after them well, so at least I don't have to lick them to make them poo and pee!
Two hours between feeds goes very quickly.
They now weigh 11oz, 120z, 13oz and 14oz! The boys are the heaviest. They have also now go to the stage when they start to crawl toward me as soon as I open up their varikennel. Very quiet and content pups. Mum is excellent and doesn't mind me intefering at all. This is her last ever litter and she will be speyed now and live the rest of her life on my bed.
This litter combines the best American/French and British lines. Hopefully, I will have something good to keep from these.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahhh and good job milk nurse... them frequent feeds are killers when it's one human baby, can't imagine how zoned out you must be with four pups. Glad mum is going to live the life of reilly from now on, you'll both need the rest after this.

PURLPOWER said...

Hi Colin
I was recommended to check out your site by two of my blog readers because I had asked if anyone had experience of using those daylight lamps to combat SAD symptoms. Could you possibly let me know where you bought your lamp from?
On the knitting front, I have spent a very enjoyable half hour reading through your recent entries. It is wonderful to see pictures of beautifully knitted and photographed men's garments for a change, I especially like the look of the cashmere ones.
With best wishes
Helen (Purlpower) x