Sunday, May 05, 2013

MAX (socks)

MAX-my latest pair of socks. I always have a pair on the needles as they are so easily portable. They are far easier to take than an aran sweater for example. The yarn is an impulse buy I could not resist. A sock yarn by Wendy. It split rather easily but I still like the colourway and the handle.

I utilized my own Andersson Toe Up Method and the Andersson Heal Mach II.

I used 2.25mm circular needles, one for each sock, knitted simultaneously. The brand was Karbonz by Knit Pro. I find them a good needle though my favourite sock sized needles are still Chiao Goo.

4 comments:

Iris said...

Those are really nice, Colin. The colors are gorgeous, too.

Maya A said...

I love the socks and the yarn - the speckles are so colorful! What is the design that looks kind of like a cable? I don't recognize it.

Unknown said...

Maya-it's a very easy faux cab;e. slip one, k2tog. On next round k1, yo, k1., next 2 rounds k3. that is one complete.

mub said...

These are gorgeous! I was wondering if I could get more information on your heel method? My husband has been fighting with a toe-up heel for the past few days and my mom recommended I check out your blog! Thank you so much =)