Tuesday, October 11, 2011

OH B*LLOCKS!

Yesterday, I was able to swim and to walk the dogs. I took a good dose of my drugs for each activity. This was what I needed to discuss with my doctor because I have got fed up with having to juggle my activities and my drugs.

However, things have not gone quite as I expected or planned. I took a 2nd dose and waited an hour and then I went for a walk with the dogs. Not only was it painful it has completely exhausted me. I am so stiff and sore that I cannot even take my boots off.

This is what I do not understand. Despite the pain being dealt with, (even today although my walk was not pain-free it certainly was manageable and without drugs it would have been impossible), I get so fatigued and achy. It seems to me that a crumbling spine and arthritic joints are not the only issue.

I am disappointed to say the least to discover that even with effective pain control I am still not going to be able to live as if I was fit. To be honest this is what I was expecting from more pain control as it seems to me that it is the pain that stops me doing as I wish. Clearly, fatigue is the main issue and there appears to be no drug for that. Bollocks!

No comments: