Thursday, July 06, 2006

25 YEARS

Tomorrow, July 7th, is the 25 th anniversary of John and I meeting. We have been together since that day.

We are celebrating by going away today for a championship dog show in Wales tomorrow.

It really doesn't seem like 25 years. Amazing.

I have never met anyone who could hold a candle to John. He has integrity, is empathetic, caring, tolerant, peaceful, loving in a quiet way. He has always been there for me no matter what. He is incredibily kind and giving. I owe all I have to him. I may not have had what I needed growing up, but he has certainly shown me what love is in practice. He has never lost his temper with me. Oh, he has been cross of course but never once has he been mean or nasty or come close to being abusive. I must say I found him very puzzling for the longest time. I was not used to being treated well and I thought there was something wrong with him!

Whist always being supportive, he has never carried me. He has always left me to sort my own stuff out. He never got enmeshed nor did he let me get away with stuff. I had to clean up my own mess.

He has taken everything in his stride. Now that I am disabled, he still treats me the same tho of course he does more for me physically.

He works hard and earns good money which goes on me and the dogs.

Whilst he hates me to say it, I know that I would not be alive today had we not met.

Yes, I am very lucky indeed.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Colin! I loved reading your post about John, you guys have something so beautiful together, something many people will live their entire lives without encountering once. Hugs to you both xx

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! I sounds like a fairy tale!
I am happy for you, nevertheless life is going so fast............
Bravo for your knittings and your dogs, they seem happy too.
I have an old german pointer (14 years, quite in good shape) I don't even want to think about future with him but if there is a next one he will be a small one like yours!

A cashmere knitter from Paris
Françoise

Liz said...

Congratulations, Colin and John!

Nothingandall said...

Congratulations. Touching.

KnitYoga said...

Congratulations to you both! :-)

Annie said...

Many Congratulations to you both. Of course, John is equally lucky to have you!

Anonymous said...

congratulations Colin and John, is you are as happy as me and my other half have been over the past 44 years you are on to a winner!!!

Anonymous said...

Congradulations to both of you, and may you have another happy and healthy 25 years~!
Kathy

Angie said...

Happy Anniversary Colin..I can say the same about Jeff .You deserve happiness I know that is something that is hard to believe after abuse .I think there are more good people than bad .Have a great time at the Dog show. angie x

Angie said...

Blogger is eating my comment..try again .Happy Anniversary to you both ,with your love ,angie,Jeff and Holly x

Pixie said...

I surfed here from Socknitters and wanted to say congratulations on such a long happy relationship!

sal the spider said...

Happy Anniversary you guys!! Lots of love Sal xxxxxx

Karen said...

All the happiness in the world to you both

Anonymous said...

Not happy birthday but HAPPY ANNIVERSARY. You are so very lucky to have each other. I also have met my Mr. Wonderful and know how true love is after all those years. Congratulations Suzi

Anonymous said...

Congratulations ! that's fantastic ! !

It also took me a long while to get used to being treated decently by someone but now I am also in a happy relationship with my lesbian partner, whose family all adore me (unlike MY family) It's such a wonderful feeling..

I hope you have at least another 25 years together...

hugs...
one of the machine knitters out there :)

Anonymous said...

Gosh I could have written that about my Tony and of how I would never have known what love meant if I had not met him.
I too suffer from a chronic illness and am housebound for long periods at times and we have two minature schnauzers who are my constant companions whilst he is at work. I also count myself so lucky and again I don't think I would have survived without him. Aern't we blessed ? Long may it continue. Oh and I just LOVE your work, its inspirational. I am new to this blogging !! but its great for ideas and learning more about how we all get on with our crafts